COVID-19 clinic procedures
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority at all times. Several weeks ago, we made the difficult decision to suspend in-clinic appointments, to prevent the spread of coronavirus to our patients and staff. Now that the COVID-19 restrictions have been eased, we now have resumed our in-clinic appointments.
We have implemented a comprehensive Safety Plan to minimize COVID-19 transmission.
Self-Assess for Symptoms:
Please take the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool prior to each of your appointments: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en.
Please stay home if you are experiencing any cold, flu or COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones. If you are seeing physiotherapy or chiropractic, we’d be happy to do telerehab until you are better.
All patients must conduct a health screening questionnaire upon arrival to the clinic. If you do not meet the pre-screening criteria upon physical presentation at the clinic, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
If an appointment needs to be rescheduled, cancellation fees will be waived.
- All clutter, such as magazines and business cards, has been removed from the reception area.
- There are plexiglass barriers at reception to protect our administrative staff.
- Therapist schedules are staggered, when possible, to reduce traffic.
- Patients must come unaccompanied unless they require a parent/guardian, translator, or child to attend. All such companions will also be screened and must follow our COVID-19 procedures.
- Our waiting room is closed for patients unless absolutely necessary. We ask that you arrive as close as possible to your appointment time.
- Washrooms are available for emergencies only
- Therapist and staff breaks are staggered to minimize incidental contact.
- When you enter our clinic you will be directed to wash your hands. You can wash with soap or with hand sanitizer in our clinic.
- If patients require water, disposable paper cups are available.
- For physiotherapy patients, please bring any exercise bands/tubing your therapist has provided you. We will not be sharing bands/tubing in the gym.
- We are unable to offer heat during our physiotherapy treatments. Please heat at home after your appointment.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures as per the BC Centre for Disease Control.
- All high-touch surfaces are cleaned between every patient (i.e. Beds, pillows, chairs, payment pin-pad, hand sanitizer pump, pens, clipboards, gym equipment, electro-modalities, etc.).
- Additional hourly cleaning includes the transaction top, all door handles, and faucet handles.
- Extra time has been allotted between patients for proper room/gym cleaning and sanitization.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Physiotherapists and Chiropractors: Masks will be worn.
- Massage therapists: Masks will be worn outside treatment rooms. However, masks are optional in treatment rooms based on a joint decision between therapist and patient after weighing the risks vs benefits.
- Patients: Patients must wear a mask upon arrival. We strongly suggest bringing your own. If you don’t have one, we can provide you with a mask for a small $2 donation.
Telerehab Services Still Available!
Remember, we are all in this together. Our goal is to keep our staff and our patients safe. Please be patient with us as we work through kinks and adapt our protocols over time. Thank you for your continued support.
Click here to read the full Covid-19 Safety Plan.