Occupational TherapyPatient-Centered Practice
Occupational Therapy (OT) helps people who are experiencing difficulty in day-to-day activities due to injury, illness, or disability. Occupational therapists at Stasis Rehab follow a patient-centred practice to help you return to everyday activity and roles. The scope of occupational therapy is wide, and OTs treat the whole person physically, mentally, and emotionally. We support you in your journey to live life to the fullest.
- Improve cognitive and perceptual abilities
- Reduce and better manage stress
- Improve sleep and fatigue
- Treat anxiety, PTSD and depression
- Live well with a chronic health condition
- Treat concussion and brain injury
- Improve and better manage chronic pain
- Return to work and school
- Make your home safe and accessible
- Learn more about your health or health condition - for example: injury prevention, ergonomics, body mechanics, work simplification, joint protection, energy conservation, relaxation, and pain management.
Our Physiotherapists can support you with:
- Assessment and provision of adapted equipment to increase independence with bathing, toileting, bed transfers
- Wheelchair assessments (including prescriptions and letters for third party funding)
- Stroke rehab
- Upper extremity treatment after stroke
- Comprehensive Concussion management
- Cognitive therapy
- Visual processing assessment and treatment of visual skills post stroke/brain injury
What we can do for you:
In clinic sessions are typically 60 minutes in length. Our Occupational therapist will explore physical, cognitive, psychological, and/or social factors that contribute to problems in your life. Together, we will develop goals to address your current limitations.